Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Tori Tapes are here!

From: mauryd@microsoft.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1992 13:27:02 -0700
Subject: The Tori Tapes are here!
To: Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.edu, really-deep-thoughts@gradient.cis.upenn.edu

The Tori Tapes are finally available!

Sorry It's taken me so long to finish the tapes, work has kept me pretty
EXTREMELY busy lately but I'm finally done!

The quality is quite excellent, especially on the Vancouver show.  Since most
requests were from people that wanted all songs from both shows, I am making
both available on one set of two 90 minute tapes.

Tape 1. Tori Amos Live in Seattle, 5/6/92 (includes Tori Live on KKND: three
songs live on the air: Me and a Gun, Leather, Silent all These Years, plus
about 15 minutes of interview with Tori)  The concert was at the Backstage.
Includes every song from "Little Earthquakes" except Girl. Also included is
Upside Down. Covers include Whole Lotta Love/Thank You and Smells like Teen
Spirit.  A little distortion in the recording occasionally due to the dynamic
range of Tori's voice.

Tape 2. Tori Amos Live in Vancouver, 5/7/92.
The concert took place in at the Vancouver East Cultural Center.  The audience
of about 200 was much more polite and attentive than in Seattle.   The set list
 was exactly the same as the Seattle show.  The beginning of Little Earthquakes
was cut off due to a technical error but the rest sounds fantastic.  Even has a
tiny bit of stereo separation since the PA just had her voice and the piano was
louder than her acoustic voice, and the PA was to my left and the piano to my
right.

The copies are dubbed real-time from the master onto new Maxell XLII 90 minute
tapes.  Since I do graphic design & production for a living, I have also
designed and printed a nice color cover for the tapes with a photo of Tori,
liner notes, tape labels, etc.

Cost for the set will be $9 (US funds).  This is NOT for profit, I am just
passing on my material/postage costs. The tapes cost me $2.50 a piece and I
figure postage would be about $4.  I would prefer money order or cashiers check
but a check would be OK.  I would also maybe like to trade copies of the set
for any Tori CD singles that I don't have (I only have the US version of
Crucify).  And in particular, I'd love to get a copy of the YKTR CD.  I have
already made arrangements with Jeff Lester for a trade for a Sarah McLachlan
Live tape which he has already sent (thanks Jeff, your set will be in the mail
ASAP).  I would also be interested in other rare Sarah stuff (CD singles or
live tapes) or maybe a Happy Rhodes CD (have yet to hear her). If you are
outside the US & Canada, send email and I'll find out the postage costs.

Send to:    Maury Duchamp 22/6
            1 Microsoft Way
            Redmond, WA  98052

If you want to get these at the best quality, you'd better act now.  I have
made 10 copies of the set to accomodate the initial requests plus a few extras
and I'd rather not play (or copy) my masters too many times before I get them
onto DAT.  Any future requests for the tape will be dubbed from a copy until I
get a DAT machine (someday... sigh).

See y'all,
  Maury

PS.  Let me know about any Katemas (sp?) celebrations in the NW.