Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Nearly Tori on TV...

From: PHS404G@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Sat, 23 May 1992 20:27:00 -0700
Subject: Re: Nearly Tori on TV...
To: rec-music-gaffa@munnari.oz.au

From: phs404g@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 24 May 92 13:27:22 +1000

In article <67310@apple.Apple.COM>, dombkins graham gr@ITMEL.BHP.bhpmel02.telememo.au (Dombkins Graham GR) writes:

> Hi all,
>

>     Last night I was flicking around through the channels and caught an add for
> the "Tonight Live" show on 7. The add said that they would be talking to Tori
> Amos (along with stunning picture of her) that night! So I wait up video in hand
> and suffer through the whole thing... NO Tori Amos!!!
>

>     When I rang them today they said she was ment to be on but pulled out in the
> last minute. Damm...

You know, I actually went to be part of the audience at this show, and needless
to say was *extremely* disappointed when i found Tori wasn't going to be on. I
found out when i got there because a friend of mine works on Tonight Live
organizing guests and so on. Anyway, the penthouse pet of the year was on so it
wasn't a complete loss :)

Seriously though, we decided to go back last friday night when we knew she
would be on, and it was just incredible. Tori came out in these flared jeans
through all the smoke that the studio guys had set up, and sat at her piano
and began to sing...it was one of the most amazing performances i've seen...
so much emotion ...and that voice! She did a lot of breathing into the mic
between lyrics, which made you feel very close to her...like hmmm...it reminded
me in a way of the start of "This woman's work". Oh, by the way, the song she
played was "Winter" (Is that right? I dont have the album yet).
The guy i went with brought his Tori Amos CD along and gave it to my friend to
get signed...and she signed it all right. She wrote

       Dave....much love...Tori Amos

Lucky bastard! :)

anyway, I'm a convert!

  Greg

*** Greg Anders, Physics Department, Monash University - Australia.***

Disclaimer: The thoughts expressed above do not represent the opinions
               of anyone, least of all me.