Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Looking for Y Kant Tori Read?

From: nmehl@rm105serve.sas.upenn.edu (Nathan J. Mehl)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1992 14:30:26 -0700
Subject: Looking for Y Kant Tori Read?
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@noc2.dccs.upenn.edu

Well, I finally broke down and bought a CD of Little Earthquakes.  I must
say that I'm *quite* impressed.  It's not perfect by any means (saving the
title tract, side 2 didn't seem as coherant as side one), but it beats the
vast majority of the stuff I've been forced to hear lately.  (I've been working
out at a local Bally's Holiday Spa, which has the intercom radio permenently
tuned to the worst dance-pop station in Philly - feh!)

So what I'm wondering here is if anyone out there is net-land has a copy of
"Y Kant Tori Read?" that they would be willing to part with or make a copy
of?  If so, just send me your address and I'll either negotiate price or
immediately send off a blank cassette if copying is your preference.  (I'll
handle postage both ways.)

Side note: my total haul from Tower Records the night before last, getting
me some nicely weird looks from the counterpern: Tori Amos, "Little
Earthquakes"; Black Sabbath, "Sabotage"; 1000 Homo DJs, "Supernaut"; Pantera,
"Vulgar Display of Power."  Three cheers for ruthless eclecticism!

------------Nathan J. Mehl---------------(nmehl@pennsas.upenn.edu)------
It's the little touches that make a future solid enough to be destroyed.