Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Curve and Toni Halliday

From: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu (Saurav Misra)
Date: Thu, 21 May 1992 10:01:28 -0700
Subject: Curve and Toni Halliday
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

   For the plethora of Tori Amos fans on this mailing list - has any of you
had the fortunate experience of listening to any recordings of Curve? OK, OK,
I will admit, their main focus is sonic ambience, so they come out (musically)
as sounding a lot like swervedriver, my bloody valentine, or the tougher 4ad
bands; however, lead singer Toni Halliday's voice is a lot like Tori's, IMHO.
The lyrics are somewhat less incisive, (as I said, the emphasis is on burying
the listener is a sonic maelstrom) but some among y'all may like it. Their
american releases include the Frozen EP and the Doppelganger CD.
 - BTW, despite my feelings about  variety on this newsgroup, I must say that
  "Bory Aimless" is one of the funniest misnomers I have seen in a while.
   Kudos to whoever came up with that!

-saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu
 saurav misra

-"I've come to make you feel good...." - Toni Halliday