Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Loreena McKennitt

From: farrellj@aqua.pc.ocunix.on.ca (Farrel McGovern)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1992 18:22:51 -0700
Subject: Re: Loreena McKennitt
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

GTP10@phx.cam.ac.uk writes:

> >       Anyone like the new Loreena McKennitt album, The Visit?  Anyone
> > who can put "The Lady of Shalott" to music is worth a listen.
>
> If she's worth a listen, how do we Brits go about finding her records?
> Do any UK gaffans know a reliable supplier this side of the ditch? I know
> her records can be mail-ordered from Toronto. Are they widely available
> in regular US record stores? (I have a couple of friends in the USA I
> regularly trade CDs with.)

Hi!
        Well, someone a while ago posted a address and listing of her stuff
here...I will dig it up and repost it...basically, she sells her stuff
directly, and WEA Records distributes only  the latest, THE VISIT. I prefer
buying from her, but it is also good to buy from WEA since they will
continue to distribute her stuff if there is strong sales...and there should
 be, her stuff has been on the top seller charts in most Canadian cities
almost since the release of the album...about 6 or more months ago (I have
lent out my copy, so I cannot check the date). If you like Kate Bush, Sarah
McLachlan and Tori Amos, you will probably like Loreena McKennitt as well!

ttyl
     Farrell