Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Early KaTe

From: kyrlidis@Athena.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 14 May 1992 13:36:57 -0700
Subject: Early KaTe
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Sorry to interrupt the Tori talk :) but I have been listening to the cathy
demos a lot recently, and wanted to ask some *really* obvious questions,
that are puzzling me.

a) Has KaTe ever talked about these songs? Some of them seem extremely serious
for a 16 year old. 'Playing canasta in cold rooms' is an example. It is
quite eery.

b) In 'Feeling like a Waltz' she speaks a line in french. Does she speak the
language? ( All the songs she has done in a language other than English
have been in french, but I am just checking )

c) 'Who is Sylvia?' kind of reminds me of 'Warm and soothing', is it just me?

Which brings me to the question that puzzles me the most. Why would KaTe want
to go back to the piano? She wouldn't be breaking any new ground. Admittedly
it would take away the pressure to do something *extremely new* and would
undoubtedly please fans, but imagine all the Tori Amos comparisons... :)

More questions as I plunge 'tiefer' into them.

Angelos
-------
'we 're all talking to keep the conversation alive'