Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KATE CHORDS?

From: behanna@nj.nec.com (Chris BeHanna)
Date: Thu, 7 May 1992 16:09:24 -0700
Subject: Re: KATE CHORDS?
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news%research.nj.nec.com@nj.nec.com

On smoking and aging affecting high vocal range:

	If vocal technique is correct, smoking will do far more damage than
aging.  Witness Luciano Pavarotti--he's in his 50's or 60's, but he still
warms up to high F'' (second F above middle C).  Tell me again about aging
destroying a voice!  Incorrect use over time, maybe, but not aging by itself.
I suggest McCloskey's book (can't remember the title), in which a man in his
70's regained his high tenor simply by learning correct technique.

My $.02,
Chris
behanna@syl.nj.nec.com
--
Chris BeHanna		DoD# 114      1983 Harley-Davidson FXWG Wide Glide
behanna@syl.nj.nec.com	              1984 Dodge Omni GLH (well, almost)

Disclaimer:  Now why would NEC agree with any of this anyway?