Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: female vocalists

From: lan@binoc.bih (Larry Nathanson)
Date: Thu, 7 May 1992 13:11:53 -0700
Subject: Re: female vocalists
To: rec-music-gaffa@hsdndev.harvard.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: hsdndev!usenet@hsdndev.harvard.edu

In article <66715@apple.Apple.COM> tneely@mwc.vak12ed.edu (Thomas F. Neely) writes:
>I bought Sarah McClachlan's _Solace_ yesterday, based on all of
>the discussion in this newsgroup, and can happily report that I
>like it very much.  It has raised my curiosity about all of you
>folks.  I am wondering how many of y'all are old farts like me
>(38) and have arrived at Kate from the Pentangle and Fairport
>sound that first stirred my love of female singers?

Well, this "young fart" (22) also bought _Solace_ a few days based on
the discussion on this group.  I have definately NOT been
disappointed -- it's phenomenal.  I'm also going to buy Little
Earthquakes in a day or two for the same reason...

I got to "Kate" via Enya -- some friends noticed the "complete works
of Enya" (all three), and suggested Kate Bush.  The styles are
incredibly different, but great...

Well, thanks for the good tips!  -- I'll let you know what I think of
the Tori Amos after I get it...  (You guys should be on commission!)

--Larry