Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori Amos on Letterman, 4/23

From: bellcore!hal2000salt.bellcore.com!ksb@uunet.UU.NET (Ken Berczik)
Date: Fri, 1 May 1992 07:31:06 -0700
Subject: Re: Tori Amos on Letterman, 4/23
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: bellcore!walter.bellcore.com!news@uunet.UU.NET

In article <66039@apple.Apple.COM>, jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu writes:

|> Yup, Tori was on Letterman last night, right at the end of the show.

(Deleted Stuff)

|> She came on at the very end of the show and played "Crucify."  Brilliantly,
|> I might add.  I'll have to hear the MTV live version again, but I think the
|> Letterman version might be my favorite of the 3 I have.  She started up
|> solo-piano, but the rest of the Letterman band joined in at the first chorus.
|> They did reasonably well, and I think that song works well with the filled
|> out arrangement.

(Deleted stuff)

|> Yes, Woj, I did get it on tape--the same tape as the MTV stuff.

When was she on MTV?

On another subject: I'd like to thank the WIZ store in Succasunna, NJ. They were playing "Little Earthquakes" when I was in the store a few weeks ago. I had a chance to skim through the lyrics. I was impressed, to say the least. Getting the disc was one of the best decisions I've made, at least as far as music is concerned. I especially love "Crucify," "Silent All These Years," and "China."

--
KSBerczik			|	Bush isn't as stupid as Reagan,
Bellcore			|	because it's impossible to be as