Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News admin <news@sco.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1992 15:46:05 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic)
Subject: Re: midge ure
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1992 22:45:57 GMT
Sender: news@sco.com (News admin)

I am not stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern).  I didn't say:
>I just think X4 is Kate's downright least inspired, worst song, period.
>I cannot think of another Kate song I so loath.  Anyone else feel
>this way?  [I guess it's pretty amazing that of all the myriad songs,
>this is the only one I genuinely dislike... hell, I'll even sit
>through Heads We're Dancing these days...]

hey mike - if you're on a unix system, try doing "setenv NAME Michael
Mendelsson" (csh) or "NAME=Michael Mendelsson;export NAME" (sh, ksh) before
running news.

anyway.  experiment four.  i'd like to say that i only like it because it
was the first kate single i bought after i became an active kate fan, but
that's total hogwash.  i like it because it's an amazing piece of music and
anybody who doesn't agree with me needs an ear/brain transplant.

it's definitely the last of the Really Great kate story-telling songs.  i
mean, yeah, there's deeper understanding, and rah rah for heads we're
dancing, but experiment iv has that magic X FACTOR that those other two are
lacking.  (deeper understanding is CLOSE but it loses points for those
astoundingly bad drum sounds.  they almost sink X4 too but X4 was apparently
prior to fairlight III blandosity completely set in.)

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Give sanity a longer leash/for some of us have sharper teeth...