Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah McLachlan in concert

From: william dickson <wrd@halcyon.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1992 11:04:13 -0700
Subject: Sarah McLachlan in concert
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Comments: The 23:00 News - +1 206 292 9048

Well, I saw Sarah McLachlan last night at the Moore Theatre here in
Seattle.  What a treat.

She performed every song from Solace, and a few others that I must assume
were from Touch.  She was charming and funny and entertaining, and she
sang like the world was going to end after the show and she wanted to
give us something to hold onto when it did.

She also struck me as being very innocent of the performing business.
She seemed to be genuinely appreciative/flattered, and at times
overwhelmed, by the reception she got (which was *very* enthusiastic).
She was fairly beaming by the end of the show, which made it a bit
difficult to get in the mood for her third, solo encore, which was a fine
arrangement of Billie Holiday's "Gloomy Sunday".  But she did it anyway,
and then made a good attempt at walking off the stage without touching
the floor.

As we returned to the car, I told my companions that she's 23 years old.
We're all 23 and 24.  We tried to be depressed about how little we had
accomplished with our lives, but Sarah McLachlan had left us too good a
mood.

To sum up, if you get the chance, go see her.  And make her feel welcome;
she's still nervous about how we all feel about her down here in the
states.

Bill D.