Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Account for Usenet System <news@sco.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1992 10:35:29 -0700
To: uunet.uu.net!rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: jondr@sco.COM (Karen Silkwood's car)
Subject: Re: Tori overflow? Not!
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1992 17:35:25 GMT
Sender: news@sco.COM (Account for Usenet System)

mthorn@madvax.uop.edu (Charlie's enormous mouth) writes:
>saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu (Saurav Misra) pontificates:
>>Er, isn't there a new Skinny Puppy disk out that you can go listen to?
>Why, yes, there is - it's called _Last Rights_, and it's very good! ;-)

yeah, but talk about inaccessible.... it must've taken me 50 listens to even
BEGIN to appreciate it.

>>I don't understand why other artists can't get the spotlight in this
>>newsgroup every so often, especially considering Kate's, uh, erratic output.
>Yeah - it's high time Skinny Puppy got some discussion in .gaffa!

that's right.  what's sauce for the goose is... um... fair play, or
something...

>Shall we discuss Skinny Puppy's and Kate Bush's views vis-a-vis vegetarianism
>instead?

yeah.  i think skinny puppy's vegetarianism arises out of a general sense of
animal rights whereas kate's seems more based on just eating smart.

skinny puppy haven't done any specifically vegetarian songs, although of
course their anti-vivisection stance is well known.

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.