Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

my little babooshka

From: Tim O'Connor <toc@instance.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1992 15:34:59 -0700
Subject: my little babooshka
To: Love Hounds <love-hounds@wiretap.SPIES.com>

REGARDING                my little babooshka
people:

Strange.  The use of the word babooshka in the context of the song was never
a mystery to me.  My mother, when we were all little tykes, used to call us
"babooshka" as a term of endearment.  Accent on the second syllable.  This
always confused me as a child because that's also what she called that scarf
she wrapped around her head.  I have no idea where she picked up this use of
the word.

Also, didn't Boris Badanov call Natasha babooshka from time to time?  Accent
on the first syllable.

to'c

--
"A typical long haired half mad computer programmer on a typical computer
keyboard with odd toys scattered conservatively about."