Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Benatar's "Wuthering Heights"

From: DOUGLAS_MAC_GOWAN@mailgate.sfsu.edu
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1992 10:48:00 -0700
Subject: Re: Benatar's "Wuthering Heights"
To: love-hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

I would have to agree that Pat Benatar's cover of Wuthering
Heights was not a high point.

However, it was because of that cover that I first discovered Kate
(a friend and I were having a heated argument about the lyrics:
 "wiley, windy moors" or "winding, windy moors"), so I am kind of
indebted to Benatar for my discovery of Kate.

I also credit Benatar with the ability to recognize the genius of
the song at a time when Kate was pretty unknown over here.

- Douglas MacGowan