Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush's Secret Carnival

From: "Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59" <@hermes.intel.com:AGOUGH@AZ.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1992 03:43:00 -0700
Subject: Kate Bush's Secret Carnival
To: Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.EDU

Hello All,
     I remember back when I first listened to _The Dreaming_*, I was struck by
"carnival theme" of much of the music.  That is, it reminds of the music that
is usually played during carnival scenes in movies (having never been to a
real carnival, I can't say if this music is authentic to carnivals or not).
It's that kindof lilting, sinusoidal kindof organ music (especially steam
organs).  I'm sorry I can't describe it any better than that -- I never took a
real music appreciation class.
      Anyhow, I've noticed that four songs have "carnival like" music:

	_Lionheart_
	 9. Coffee Homeground

	_The Dreaming_
	 2. There Goes A Tenner
	 3. Pull Out The Pin
	 4. Suspended In Gaffa

CH and SIG probably are the best examples.
      So, has anyone else ever noticed this?  Are there any more carnival
songs?  What does this mean for a) the songs, b) KaTe's music?  What say ye?

Regards,
Andy

* _The Dreaming_:  The only album that exists.  It's existence denies the
		   reality of all others.