Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Help on Mailing lists (creating ML for enya)

From: grr@cbmvax.commodore.com (George Robbins)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1992 21:02:46 -0700
To: pyramid!decwrl!rec-music-gaffa@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.misc

In article <65072@apple.Apple.COM> ml@vcp1.vcp.monash.edu.au writes:

> I'm seriously considering setting up mailing list for information and articles,
> ect. about enya.  Articles and discussion on rec.music.newage are getting a
> little on the mundane side with regard to enya - always the same questions
> being asked.  Hopefully a mailing list would lessen the mundane messages and
> quell passions and flames and the same time. (There is a proposal to create a
> rec.music.enya newsgroup but somehow I don't think it will succeed as there
> might not be enough users dedicated to carry the newsgroup on.  But I might be
> wrong.  It has not yet gone to a vote.)

Mailing lists are an incredible pain in the butt (for the list maintainer).
Not only do you have hassles with mail bouncing, you always get requests to
join when you don't have time/energy to deal with them, and you will still
be getting them long after the list is dead.

What you want to do is create alt.music.enya or alt.fan.enya - alternate
groups