Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cloudbusting 2 ASCII Version now available

From: Michael Bowman <mbowman@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1992 19:00:05 -0700
Subject: Cloudbusting 2 ASCII Version now available
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Cloudbusting, 2nd edition, ASCII version, is now availble via two methods:
anonymous FTP or FTPmailer, and via snailmail.  I received the disks from Ron
Hill today.

FTP or mailer:  I will be uploading and PUTting the files to
wiretap.spies.com tomorrow night.  Bill Wisner will then need to move them to
the apropriate subdirectory so that they will be available for FTP.  There
are 3 groups of files: 1) files with a TXT extension - this is the actual
Cloudbusting files in ASCII format; 2) files with a ZIP extension - this is
ZIPped versions of the Cloudbusting files; 3) files with a GIF extension -
these are GIF files that go with Cloudbusting.  Once these are actually
available Bill Wisner will no doubt send out a message letting us know.

Snailmail:  For those people who don't have FTP privileges or access to an
FTPmailer it will be possible to obtain the files through the mail.  The
total Cloudbusting package is 5 720Kb floppy disks (for IBMs or compatibles).
Anyone who is interested in receiving these disks please send me a mail
message with your name, e-mail & snailmail addresses.  The first responder
will receive the disks from me with a list of all other respondents and will
be responsible for sendings the disks on to the next person on the list.  I
ask that when someone receives the disks that they post this fact to
Love-Hounds so that newcomers and people who missed this announcement can add
their names to the list.

If there is a significant number of people who need 5 1/4" disks then I am
willing to start 2 mailing chains.  Please specify in your message if you
CANNOT use 3 1/2" disks.  It would take at least 10 5 1/4" disks to hold all
of the files.

There should also be a WordPerfect 4.2 version available shortly from someone
else.

Michael Bowman
mbowman@andromeda.rutgers.edu