Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Brazil

From: Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1992 10:44:16 -0800
Subject: Re: Brazil
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

I am not nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (N. Richard Caldwell).  I didn't say:
>MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:
>
>> It's my favorite film of all time,
>> I've seen it 27 times now, and I'll never get enough... :)  You'll see what
>> I mean, and you might just be as pissed off about the edited version as I
>> am.  I really wonder what Gilliam thought of it...
>
>_Brazil_ is my all time favorite, as well.  For an excellent, detailed
>view of Terry Gilliam's fight with the studio over his movie look for
>a book called "The Battle of Brazil".  I believe this is out print,
>liquidated on the cheap book shelves years ago, but I found it at the
>library.  Maybe someone else can recall the author's name.

Jack Mathews.  If anyone is desperate for the ISBN (fat lotta good it'll do
you since the book it out of print), let me know and I'll check my copy.

Got it as liquidated stock for $4 couple years ago (thanks |>oug!).
Excellent book.

>however.   The possibility that Kate's version of the song "Brazil" might
>appear on such an edition is too exciting to consider.

It's beyond fantasy, as far as I'm concerned.  No existing cuts have the
song, why would a new one have it?  It would make good background music for
the supplemental info on the criterion disc though... heh!!!!

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
When we think we know ourselves, we are the victims of a delusion -A. Crowley