Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Eek! A relevant question!

From: jessica@athos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1992 15:37:51 -0800
Subject: Re: Eek! A relevant question!
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

nmehl@rm105serve.sas.upenn.EDU (Nathan J. Mehl) writes:

>Has Kate ever said anything to indicate that "Rocket's Tail" is based
>on/ inspired by Thomas Pynchon's _Gravity's_Rainbow_?  Has she ever
>said *anything* about what inspired this particular song?

Yup. I"M sure Ron Hill can get the exact quotes out for you if you like :)

But Rocket's Tail is inspired by Kate's cat. Rocket.

I'm utterly completely serious (it *is* april 1, it occurs to me),
and anyone who knows that kate has cats and that they are a big part of
her life, will not question it anyway:)

			    jessica
--
|| jessica  || It is this that || Don't try to tell me there's no reason for ||
|| lawrence ||    brings us    || any moment in time, every memory of mine.  ||