Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RFD: rec.music.enya

From: frnk@cs1.bradley.edu (Paul Ondercin)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1992 05:14:40 -0800
Subject: RFD: rec.music.enya
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@bradley.bradley.edu

My first post seems to have died, here's another try.

                         Request for Discussion

                             rec.music.enya

     I propose the creation of a new news group, rec.music.enya.

PROPOSED NAME:   rec.music.enya

PROPOSED STATUS: Unmoderated

PROPOSED CHARTER: This group is a forum for discussing the work of the artist
     Enya, and other artists who fall into this style of music. People
     will be able to come here and find other artists to listen to, after
     finding Enya, and are looking for others in the same style.

RATIONALE:
           o Enya is not considered newage. I have seen her work placed in
              various music store bins, including newage, easy listening
              pop and rock. She seems to belong to an, as yet, un-named
              style of music. Some call it 'etherial' music.
           o There is no 'net home' for people who want to talk about Enya.
              For example, I know of strings about enya appearing in
              rec.music.newage and rec.music.gaffa(Sp.?) The creation of
              this group will bring down the traffic in these and possible
              several other groups.
           o I have heard of discussions that disagree with the creation
              of newsgroups solely for a Music 'Band' or 'Group'. If enough
              dissention is seen relating to this, the name could be changed
              to rec.music.etherial. I consider this only a cosmetic change,
              but I will wait to see if others think that the latter name
              will bring in other fans more readily, such as Cocateau Twins'.

   I hereby volunteer to record the votes when this proposed group comes to
a vote.

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS--------------

   To create a new group in the rec hierarchy there are certian rules to follow.

   A formal RFD (Request For Discussion) must be posted to news.groups,
news.announce.newgroups and any group affected by the creation of the group.

The creation of the group will then be discussed in news.groups.

   After 30 days, if there is a general agreement on the name, charter and
status of the group, there will be posted a CFV (Call For Votes). Otherwise,
the discussion will be taken to mail.

   Voteing will take 30 days, and will be done by mail. Mass Acks (Mass
Acknowledgements) will be posted of the votes received. After the voteing
period is over, a result will be posted. The group will then be created, or
failed. A group may not be re-proposed within a 6 month period of it's
failure.

    PLEASE FOLLOWUP DISCUSSION TO NEWS.GROUPS.

	 Frnks! :>

--
!________Paul Ondercin, owner of "THE MACHINE", a 486 of epic power!__________!