Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1992 15:02:10 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: pcp2g@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU (Gilligan)
Subject: Enya video, for those interested
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1992 23:02:04 GMT

I know this is a Kate Bush (Toriamossarahmclaughlinetcetcetc) group,
but there may be Enya fans here too, so here goes:

I purchased Enya's "Moon Shadows" video cassette the other day. It is
a compilation of 5 of her videos: Orinoco Flow, Storms in Africa, Exile,
Caribbean Blue and Evening Falls. The cassette is very well done and I highly
recommend getting it for the interested fan.

Specifics:
        1) "Sail Away (Orinoco Flow)" is the same as was aired on VH-1 and
           MTV two years ago.
        2) "Storms in Africa" is also the same as aired; it is in English and
           I personally like it better than the Gaelic version on the album
           "Watermark". It has more power and depth to it. On the album it
           seems a bit thinner and more ethereal; less like a storm in Africa,
           if you will.
        3) The song "Exile" was featured in the movie "L.A. Story" with Steve
           Martin and Victoria Tennant (Mr. Martin's wife). I absolutely LOVE
           that movie; it is a love story/comedy, and the humor is very odd.
           Upshot: watch the movie if you get the chance. Anyway, the video
           has clips from the flick and is done pretty well. It is, however,
           pretty damn weird to see Steve Martin in an Enya video (but cool).
        4) "Carribean Blue" is the same as aired recently on VH-1 and MTV.
        5) "Evening Falls" has some interesting shots on it. I have never seen
           video aired before, and I keep track of the video channels, so I
           suspect it was never released in the US until the video. Does anyone
           know for sure?

The tape runs about twenty five minutes and I got it for $14, which I consider
a fair deal. Your mileage may vary.

--
* Phil Plait                  PCP2G@astsun.acc.virginia.EDU
*