Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

misc.

From: caen!iuvax.cs.indiana.edu!nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!mdc@harvard.harvard.edu (Melissa D. Caldwell)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1992 19:25:15 -0800
Subject: misc.
To: sharkey!wiretap.spies.com!love-hounds@harvard.harvard.edu

judi@coyote.datalog.com (Judi McKernan) writes:

>    Also- yes, Lawnmower Man is supposed to be based on a Stephen King short
> story, but you coulda fooled me! The movie is nothing like the King original,
> but that's par for the course with most King movies. The flick had some prett
> interesting special effects, but the actually story line was pretty lame and
> very stupid.

I'd heard that King was very upset that only one scene in the
movie was actually based on the short story.  I don't think that
he had anything to do with the screenplay, did he?  None of the
films have done his stories justice, except perhaps _Carrie_ and
_Firestarter_, IMHO, of course.

 Melissa Caldwell                         You want my reply?
 The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)         What was the question?
 {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!mdc           I was looking at the Big Sky
 mdc@bsbbs.UUCP