Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Reposted reposted reposted article

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1992 08:49:57 -0800
Subject: Re: Reposted reposted reposted article
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <9203192241.AA04832@larry.rice.edu> news@larry.rice.EDU
(News) writes:

>... In Musician magazine a year or two back, they had
>an article on her, and there was a picture that looked like she was standing on
>a stage, singing to an audience (Dave Gilmour was in the picture too, but
>everything else was black, so it was just the two of them, nothing else in this
>photo). She had a microphone, and it looked like a live performance to me, but
>in the same article, she said that she hates touring because she's too
>exhausted after recording. So what's the story?

Sounds like a shot from The Secret Policeman's Third Ball, a charity gig
at which she performed Running up that Hill with Dave, Stuart Elliot and
a couple of others I don't know. April 1987, her second-last live
performance. (as somebody mentioned here just the other day)

>and "The Kick Inside" are cassettes, so everything is condensed. Is the `KT'
>big enough to find on the cassettes, or should I look at a friend's CDs to look
>for them?

I don't think you'll find it on the TKI cassette (or CD). You see, it
wasn't on the front....(easy enough to find on the LP tho)

>Also, is this on any of her videos or singles (esp. "Aspects of the
>Sensual World," a great investment for anybody who doesn't already have it), or
>is it just on albums?

Just albums.

>  4) WHY IS KATE BUSH SO DAMN GORGEOUS!?

Beacause she's God, that's why. Everybody knows that.

(8^)

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,   /   "I think she's one of the
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,      /    greatest composers of the