Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: more on Hammersmith Show

From: Scott Telford <st@dcs.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1992 03:43:21 -0800
Subject: Re: more on Hammersmith Show
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <92Mar18.054937pst.436310@wiretap.Spies.COM>,
dlocke@wiltel.UUCP writes:

> I noticed that on a number of songs there are clearly backing vocals
> that are not being sung live.  These could have been added in the studio
> after the fact, or they could have been played from a tape at the show.
> I think the latter is more likely.  Some of the backing vocals are
> quite definitely Kate's, too.

As far as I know, all the bvs (modulo Hammer Horror) were done by the
two vocalists listed in the Tour of Life programme, whose names I
forget. In fact if you listen closely, they sound very slightly
different to KaTe's album bvs (esp. on Kite) - more controlled, and
less wacky.

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science, / "What the world doesn't need is
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,    / more 'casual Kate Bush fans'. What