Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate did not Lip Synch!

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1992 03:20:51 -0800
Subject: Kate did not Lip Synch!
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        KATE DID NOT LIP SYNCH! Not even during _Hammer_Horror_ (whe wasn't
moving her lips.  In boots from different shows she sounds different.  In
the German Documentary of her tour they show scenes from a different show
and she sounds different.

        Here are some quotes:

        ANTHONY VAN LAAST (KATE'S DANCING INSTRUCTOR): One of our problems
is that Kate is dancing better and better.  I mean I'm teaching her, and
she's working... It's incredible how far she's got.  I wouldn't have thought
it was possible.  And the problem now is that she's getting so good at
dancing that it's going to be hard now to keep her from dancing so that she
can sing properly.  I mean it would be fantastic if we could put the whole
show on recorder and then she could mine it and then dance.  We can't do
that.  She's got to sing it.  So we've got to fit the dancing to the
singing.
        YOU MEAN SHE WOULD BE OUT OF BREATH?
        ANTHONY VAN LAAST: Oh yeah, she couldn't dance the way she could
dance possibly and sing at the same time.  So somehow we've got to work it
out so that it all fits in properly.   (1979, Kate Bush On Tour)

        I REMEMBER THINKING AS I ATTENDED THAT GIG THAT I HOPED YOU WOULDN'T
HAVE A DEEP INTAKE OF BREATH 'CAUSE THE MICROPHONE WAS ONLY ABOUT AN INCH
FROM YOUR MOUTH.  DID YOU WORRY ABOUT THAT?
        Yes, I had to be very careful about, well not saying things that I
shouldn't when I was being... when I was turned on and everyone could hear
me.  And I also had to breath quite quietly, otherwise there'd be this sorta
really loud [MAKES DEEP BREATHING NOISES].  So I had to be very careful
about the moments when I wasn't singing, yeah.   (1982, Pebble Mill At One)

Ron "Not currently Suspened in Gaffa"
Hill

--
INTERNET:  rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)