Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

SOLACE

From: caen!bsbbs!mdc@harvard.harvard.edu (Melissa D. Caldwell)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1992 20:09:24 -0800
Subject: SOLACE
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

jody_ferguson.asw.navairtestcen%pcgate@NATC-FW.NAVY.MIL writes:

> Just picked up Tori Amos' _Little_Earthquakes_ this Saturday.  I really
> do like it.  She is brutally honest, much like Kate's first two albums.
> Anyone notice that Jon Kelly worked on a couple of the tracks?

We got _Little Earthquakes_ a couple of weeks ago.  I
immediately liked it.  There aren't many CDs that I want to
listen to repeatedly, but this is one!  I really like the simple
arrangements on most of the songs.  Tori's lyrics are a nice
contrast to Kate's softer style.  I agree that Kate's work is
brutally honest, but as Kate has said, it has a definite
"English vibe".  Tori's songs are gritty and honest in an
American way.  This is not necessarily better, just perhaps
easier for me to relate to.  At the moment _Winter_ and
_Crucify_ are my favorite songs.  Interesting cover art too...

Dare I say it?  This CD is magic for me.  :-)

 Melissa Caldwell                         You want my reply?
 The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)         What was the question?
 {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!mdc           I was looking at the Big Sky
 mdc@bsbbs.UUCP