Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Surrogates

From: KROVETZ@cs.umass.EDU
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1992 12:08:00 -0800
Subject: Kate Surrogates
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.COM

Tori Amos is not a Kate surrogate, and nobody ever said she was!
I like her music (and that of Happy Rhodes too).  Sometimes their
voices sound similar to Kate's, but that doesn't mean I think of
them as a surrogate.  I consider her a good artist in her own right,
and Little Earthquakes was the "pick record of the week" in the local
paper.  There's nothing wrong with discussing other artists in this
newsgroup, and it's especially appropriate to discuss artists that
were influenced by Kate (I believe Tori Amos mentioned being influenced
by Kate in one of her interviews).

Bob

krovetz@cs.umass.edu