Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hammersmith vox

From: Dennis.Montgomery@EBay.Sun.COM (Dennis Richards Montgomery)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1992 10:05:17 -0800
Subject: Hammersmith vox
To: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

>>Was Kate really singing?

>ARE YOU KIDDING?  I would be willing to bet $100.00 that I could distiguish
>any song on the Live at Hammersmith from the studio release counterpart

I agree the versions are different etc...but what about Hammer Horror?
She obviously isn't singing live.  Since sampling technology in 1979
was quite limited I've always wondered how that song was performed live.
Was it completely a pre-recorded version (as the band sat and listened...like
Queen in the opera section of Bohemian Rhapsody), or was only Kate's vocal
on tape and a click track used to keep the live band in sync.

Ideas?

KingCrimson*ELP*Marillion*Tull*TerracedGarden*GentleGiant*Minutemen**IQ*Fish**
*   _______ *Sepultura*Queen*Pentangle*Eloy*801*TinMachine*Zappa**BlackSabbatH
U  /       \                                                                 a
n |  (.  \  \ "Every day a little sadder, a little madder, someone get me    w
i \      >\  |   a ladder" ...and who says Greg Lake writes awful lyrics?    k
e /      >/  |Dennis Richards Montgomery:Software Engineer:Sun Microsystems  i
s  \_______/Candlemass*Focus*PFM*Dinosaur*Eno*SydBarrett*SexPistols*Esquire**d
Zero*Aragon*CelticFrost*VanDerGraaf*SadLovers&Giants*Doors*Genesis**KateBush**