Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Russell Gladden <rjg@garfield.cs.mun.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1992 08:20:20 -0800
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: rjg@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Russell Gladden)
Subject: Re: Sarah McLachlan missing track
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1992 16:20:13 GMT

In article <1992Mar11.235653.16644@kakwa.ucs.ualberta.ca> aaron@space.ualberta.ca (Alfvaen) writes:
>Wizard's Assistant writes
>> Actually, the explanation is quite simple.  The one without the 11th
>> track is probably the Canadian version, which has only ten tracks.
>> The same thing happened with her first album, _Touch_.  The Canadian
>> version had two fewer tracks than the American one, although in that
>> case one of the two tracks was a remixed version of a song that appeared
>> on both versions of the album.
>>
>> This seems very strange to me.  I mean, Ms. McLachlan is Canadian, so
>> I'd have assumed they'd put the extra tracks on the Canadian versions,
>> but they didn't.
>>
>> Ed
>> ed@wente.llnl.gov
>
>Now I'm really upset.  They specially left several tracks off the Canadian
>releases of BOTH her albums?  Somebody in the record industry is just begging
>for violent reprisal.  Makes me wish I knew Jean-Claude Van Damme or somebody.
>--
>
>---Alfvaen(and yes, elves are my friends!)

This seems to be a common problem with Canadian CD releases.  My CD of Enya's
'Watermark' album contains 11 tracks.  A friend's contains 12, the extra one
being the english version of 'Storms in Africa.'

Russ.

--
Russell J. Gladden : rjg@garfield.cs.mun.ca | "As the people here grow colder
134-B Patrick Street, St. John's /~~~~~~~~~~|  I turn to my computer, and