Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Usenet News Account <usenet%darkstar.UCSC.EDU@ucscc.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1992 20:52:26 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
From: jonathan@cats.ucsc.edu (Jonathan Cano)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Kate questions
Date: 12 Mar 92 04:52:16 GMT
Sender: usenet@darkstar.ucsc.edu

In article <92Mar11.060600pst.436346@wiretap.Spies.COM> dlocke@wiltel.UUCP writes:

>Regarding Kate's appearance on Saturday Night Live:
>
>(I don't know if this is heresy but) Kate was lip-synching on SNL?
>Indeed, the Hammersmith show sounds *very* close to her recorded stuff...
>Was Kate really singing?
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ARE YOU KIDDING?  I would be willing to bet $100.00 that I could distiguish
any song on the Live at Hammersmith from the studio release counterpart
(an no - I don't mean listening for audience noise ...) heck - I had a
version of TWS which was recorded off of a record (good recording - not
much crackle and pop ...) and I could tell the difference between
Sat in Your Lap on TWS and my The Dreaming album (recorded from CD -
her best album, incidentally :^) because the TWS recording was slightly
slower...  Haven't you ever been at a music concert where you can
notice the slightly different timing and inflection of a singer because
you've listened to the song performed _exactly_ the same way (i.e. your
recording) hundreds of times, and the singer usually sings it slightly
different each time??  I THOUGHT NOT!!  Burn in HELL you heathen <insert
a smiley here for the humor impaired... :-)> !!!!  You obviously haven't
listened to KaTe's first three albums a BAZZILLION TIMES!!!

>Finally, I just moved to Houston -- well, to 30 miles north of Houston --

Now that we know where you LIVE we are going to kidnap you and make you
listen to Live at Hammersmith, TKI, Lionheart and Never Forever until you
can tell the difference in you sleep - so keep looking over your shoulder...

;^| :^)

Jonathan Cano     jonathan@cats.ucsc.edu |     //   _
                  8kyu (+- 2kyu)         |  \X/     |<