Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Young Gods

From: Michael Hasan <hasan@agamemnon.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1992 04:50:52 -0800
Subject: Re: Young Gods
To: rec-music-gaffa@iraun1.ira.uka.de
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc, rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.cd, rec.music.industrial
Sender: news@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de

> Last wednesday I went to a concert by The Young Gods in Holland and
> was completely
> blown away by it, it was truly amazing. I'll recommend it to anyone if they
> are in your town, go see them.
> I have heard their new album 'TV Sky' and I liked that very much but I don't
> know any previous material. They played something from 'Young Gods play Kurt
> Weill' but I don't know what.
> So if you know something on their history, albums or lyrics (also TV Sky)
> mail me or react through this newsgroup.
> So come on you Swiss people, be proud of this band, I would place them in the
> same league as Urban Dance Squad, Fishbone, Mano Negra in terms of
> innovation.

Young Gods formed around '86 in Switzerland. The name stems from a
song by the Swans, who recorded one of their records in a studio in
Switzerland at that time.

There are 2 albums from the Young Gods before 'YG's play Kurt Weill':

Young Gods (1987)
L'Eau Rouge (1989)

But beware, all vocals are in French on these two albums. But I like
it: It's the first music with French as a hard or agressive language.
Both albums are far superior to 'TV Sky'!
--
Michael Hasan                       | Custom built for Capitalim!

email: hasan@hermes.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Phone: 0711/887-4645                |