Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Odds and ends

From: lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1992 19:32:51 -0800
Subject: Odds and ends
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

"Ran Tan Waltz" --- I was once told that in Kent, Essex etc. the term 'dick'
was slang for a type of jug used for homemade alcohol....anyone know the
truth?
Organon v. Orgonon --- (you all must be sick of this by now) I think if Kate
intentionally ment to say organon (although she did claim it was a spelling
error) it would fit in quite nicely since Organon underwent similar
persecution in the 12th century as Reich's theories in the 20th. It seems
that the tracks used to make up Aristotle's Organon were discovered by
western scholars and Churchmen AFTER they had reconciled neo-platonic theory
with Christian doctrine thus Organon became a threat. But in the end, thanks
to St. Thomas Aquinas Aristotle's works were finally brought into the fold
instead considered heretical studies. I'd like to think perhaps Kate knows
this bit of history and might be saying something about Reich's work....that
as people now find Reich "crazy" only time would prove him right or wrong.,
as it did for Aristotle? But like I said earlier she just claimed it was a
spelling mistake.
                                      --- Lionheart

--
INTERNET:  lionhart@netlink.cts.com (Jackie Zucconi)
UUCP:   ...!nosc!ryptyde!netlink!lionhart