Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Review of Two Rooms in Goldmine

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1992 11:12:14 -0800
Subject: Review of Two Rooms in Goldmine
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

There's a review of Two Rooms by William Ruhlmann in the March 6
issue of _Goldmine_.  It's not a very good review, but the following
paragraph is nice:

      "The only people who bring any real, individual flavor to their
performances (and thus go some distance toward achieving the album's
stated purpose) are Sinead O'Connor, who turns in one of her patented
breath-control experiments on 'Sacrifice,' and Kate Bush, who introduces
'Rocket Man' to reggae and brings new, gender-bending meaning to the line
'I'm not the man they think I am at home.'"

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov