Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sad News : -(

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1992 21:53:40 -0800
Subject: Re: Sad News : -(
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sti.com

In article <63120@apple.Apple.COM> daemon@Apple.COM (Wizard's Assistant) writes:
>daemon@Apple.COM (Wizard's Assistant) writes:
>
>Vickie writes:
>
>> Sadly, Kate's mother Hannah Bush passed away on Valentine's Day.
>> The cause of death has not been released to the public. Cards and
>> flowers may be sent to East Wickham Farm in Welling, Kent.
>>
>> A suggestion (not made by the family, but by me) would be to
>> donate a little something to your favorite charity, or to Kate's
>> favorite charity, The Terrence Higgins Trust in London, in Hannah's
>> name. The family is in seclusion and are not giving any interviews.
>

>Would you be interested in collecting donations from Love-Hounds
>and making the donation as a group?  I think that the Terrence
>Higgins Trust would be a good choice.  Please let us know...
>

> Melissa Caldwell                         You want my reply?
> The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)         What was the question?
> {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!mdc           I was looking at the Big Sky
> mdc@bsbbs.UUCP

Stev0 here:

I think a group Love-hounds donation is a great idea.  One big cheque is
better than getting lots of tiny cheques, especially if the big cheque has
everyone's names & condolences (that way you still get your personal message
through without being intrusive).

A couple of questions:  What is the Terrence Higgins Trust?  Judging from
Kate's past political stances, it's probably a very good cause; I'm just
curious...

Also, does anyone have any biographical info on Hannah?  Date of birth, etc.

-Stev0 the ever-tasteful