Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Huge Files, LSL, etc

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1992 10:11:22 -0800
Subject: Huge Files, LSL, etc
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Hi!

I don't know what the policy is on posting humungous files to Love-Hounds.
If there isn't one, maybe there should be one, and if there already is, I
move we change it.  Those two GIF files were nice, but I don't have a way
to translate them- I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Moreover, I have very
limited disk-space on this VAX system, and when things like that come in
they do very unpleasant things to my account, such as shut it down.  Getting
it running again is a pain, and all the mail that arrived for me after that
Digest has been eaten- it won't ever arrive, and won't get bounced back to
the sender.  Again, I'm sure I'm not the only one with problems of this kind.

In future, could we just post a notification that these things are available,
and have interested parties e-mail to get them from the source?  It would
be one thing if a huge Digest were made up of something I could do something
with- but going through all this trouble for the sake of wasted disk-space
isn't worth it.  Thanks.

Also, Kevin from Lone Star Lionhearts is under the impression that people
who have computer access are "pirating" it from their work or school.  I
pay $23,000 a year to go to this place- if that isn't paying for VAX service,
I don't know what is.
                |      	         Meredith Tarr                |
	        | "Living in the gap between past and future" |
	  	|	   mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu           |