Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah McLachlan and Tori Amos

From: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu (Saurav Misra)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1992 11:38:19 -0800
Subject: Sarah McLachlan and Tori Amos
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Cc: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu

Hi Folks! Just wanted to say that I have espied both the Sarah McLachlan
and Tori Amos videos on MTv. SMs video was on 120 mins (the song was
Into The Fire, BTW). Hum...sorry to say, I was not too impressed. It was
OK, and I certainly wouldn't turn off the sradio if it came on, but...
Her voice is not particularly remarkable, and the melody, while
pleasant, was hardly memorable. Is the rest of her output similar?
   Tori Amos...total contrast. I saw the video last night around 2:00 am
while studying for a Thermodynamics of Biological Macromolecules test..
so I was spacy to begin with. I lov[1~[1~loved it! Aside from the fact that the
song ("Silent all these years") was very good, the video itself was quite
striking, although in a couple of frames she wears these platform shoes
from hell, and the 90's new-age waif bit is overdone. I
 would have to say, though, overall, that the effort is quite worthwile,
and there are distinct Katelike touches. I am gonna grab this one up as
soon as it is released; working in a record store can have its advantages...
-Saurav "@#$%!@#! Another F!" Misra
 saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu

-"I woke up feeling so downn
  I got off being sold out
  I kept the movie rolling
  but the story's getting old now..." - Soundgarden