Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Strange Phenomena (of sorts)

From: scasterg@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Stuart M Castergine)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1992 23:54:06 -0800
Subject: Re: Strange Phenomena (of sorts)
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu

>>      A hint on getting mail to Cynthia:
>
>I don't mean to sound like Cynthia but that may be true for you
>but it doesn't necessarily apply to everyone.  In fact, the
>nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!user or n8emr!bluemoon!bsbbs!user will work
>for some whose mailers are smart enough to find a route to nstar
>or n8mer, two reasonably well connected machines.  Others, (and
>this includes you and Judi) just need to figure out a path to
>n8mer or nstar to make the connection.

A very well-known conneciton to n8emr is Ohio State University:
cis.ohio-state.edu. It is one of the most trafficked news and mail
sites in the country. If you can't find it, you got a bigger problem
than just reaching Big Sky.

so if you bang it like this:

...cis.ohio-state.edu!n8emr!bluemoon!bsbbs!user,

that should work. Long sucker, though. What you should also do is
complain loudly to the postmaster of any site that is not supporting
the uucp maps.

P.S. I also have an account on Big Sky, plus my own node, waltham, one
hop off the internet (Sorry, Richard, I'd like somone to MX forward
for *me*), connected to Ohio State. I've never had anybody yet who
couldn't reach cis.ohio-state.edu, from anywhere.

--
scasterg@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu -- Stuart M. Castergine

Wake the Witch!