Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah McLachlan

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Angelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1992 09:40:05 -0800
Subject: Sarah McLachlan
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

Hi,

[Aside: Replying to the newsgroup is SO much easier!]

Tara Marchand posted a great article on Sarah McLachlan. THANKS!
I have a couple of comments and questions:

>The stage dims to a sedate hush of shadow as a cloaked figure
>touches a long, thin match to one candle after another.
[...]
>When a slight, quiet-voiced woman steps out in an ankle-length
>black dress and worn black leather boots, carrying a guitar, you
>almost expect her to be joking.  But then she begins to sing.

I hate to say this but reading this alone reminds me of the Sinead tour...
Although it is unfair to Sarah to compare her with Sinead, comparisons
are inevitable. 'tis the twists and jumps of the voice that make them
sound so alike. And apparently they have similar tastes in stage antics.
Not to mention that the cover of 'Touch' reminds me of the outdoors scenes
from 'Nothing compares 2 u'... They are both so similar and so different!
And both so incredibly talented.

>Watch the touring calendars for McLachlan's upcoming appearances,
>which should begin in early spring.

YAY! Whoever has any info on dates PLEASE post them!!! To see both Happy Rhodes
AND  Sarah McLachlan in concert in 1992, is more than I could ask for!
Now if only She (you Know The one) would Tour!

And for those of you looking for KaTefans (Not C'n'V :-)) look at the latest
Rolling Stone. A member of Fishbone (name escapes me) lists NfE as one of his
favorite CD's!

Angelos
'Heroes don't lose nerve, they find it'- Happy Rhodes