Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What a Day that Was

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1992 07:56:42 -0800
Subject: What a Day that Was
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sti.com

OK, Campers, take out your copy of The Hole Story (so named because
any compilation that does not have "Suspended in Gaffa" can not
claim to be a colection of Kate's Best - actually, I can not take
credit for that pun, but I forgot who told me).  Read the liner notes.
Uh-huh.  Yesterday (as I am typing - I realize this probably won't be seen until a week or two) it claims was the 10th anniversary of the
single most important day in the history of the Universe - The Dreaming
was released.  My Question:  HOW COULD THEY GET THIS DATE WRONG?
Any KateFan worth their weight in ivy knows The Dreaming was released
in September!  Or do they know something we don't?

As to whether the date of the release of The Dreaming or Katemas is
more important, that's something theologins will be debating for
decades.  Personally, I believe the art is more important than the
artist, although that is not to say the artist is unimportant.

And on a different note, re: That name thingie I brought up a few
days ago, I was NOT referring to Lovehounds.  In here it is (for
the most part) refreshing free of the sexism of Out There.  Actually,
I was talking about The Music Biz as a whole - Think of the female
"one name" artists - Cher, Enya, Madonna - all first names.  Now
think of the male "one name" artists - Sting, Bono, Eno - all nicknames
or last names.  I am not obsessed with this, but I do think there is
more here than coincidence.

-Stev0 the Elder God

"Tour?  Tour?  What is Tour?"
    - Lost Star Trek episode, "Kate's Brain"

--
Steve Berlin (Stev0)   |  Happy Yak-shaving day!
Stev0@sti.com          |