Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Skating to Peter Gabriel

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1992 15:58:11 -0800
Subject: Skating to Peter Gabriel
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM>
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in To: address found on wiretap.Spies.COM:To: clout\!wiretap.spies.com\!love-hounds@chinet.chi.il.us (love-hounds) ^ ^-illegal word in localpart \-expected word

I just saw (and taped) an interesting thing. TNT is showing a lot of
things that aren't "important" enough for CBS, for instance, the
performances of the lower-ranked skaters. They just showed the men's
Short Program and Gilberto Giadona (?-I didn't see the name spelled,
this is what it sounded like phoenetically) from Milan, Italy, just
skated his short program to the instrumental portions of Peter Gabriel's
"Rhythm of the Heat!!" He used the opening instrumental (complete with
what I am certain are Kate "ah ah" samples) and the ending manic drums
portion of the song. Good for him!

They said that Gilberto is coached by Carlo Fassi, so he's a serious
up and comer. Hopefully no one will talk him out of using such
interesting and alternative music in future performances. I'm curious
what music he'll use in his long program. I'll be taping!!

In 1984 Allan Schramm used "Rhythm of the Heat" for a Professional
Championship, so Gilberto isn't the first to use this music.

Vickie Mapes                  "There is a road straight to my heart" HTR
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us     _________
                             |_  _ | _   The Happy Rhodes mailing list
"Imagination sets in, then   |__|_ ||_|  ecto-request@athos.rutgers.edu
 all the voices begin" KB                Jessica Dempski-Ecto Goddess Lady