Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush and references ...

From: henrik@atria.com (Larry DeLuca)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1992 10:50:01 -0800
Subject: Kate Bush and references ...
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

I always refer to her as Kate Bush.  I had a friend who referred to
Peter Gabriel as Peter all the time, and it made a lasting impression
on me.

It was always, "Peter this" or "Peter that" so that the first time I
heard her talk I thought she was referring to an old friend and not
Peter Gabriel.  The forced intimacy disturbed me - while I may respect
an artist (Ms. Bush among them), I don't know her personally, and casually
referring to her by her first name only seems a bit forward for this reason
(call me a prude - I am).

					larry...