Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Pissing in the Warm Room

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1992 18:06:28 -0800
Subject: Pissing in the Warm Room
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sti.com

Today's question comes from - well, just about everybody:
"Dear Mr. Answer Person:  Do we really need Warm Tomb^H^H^H^HRoom?"

Well, I consulted my trusty 8-ball, and the answer is:
IT IS CERTAIN.

Here's why:  A lot of folks want it.  Whether you want it or not,
it's up to you.  But the beauty about the Net:  there is something
for everyone!  Examples:  Not only is there a newsgroup for the
Simpsons, there are TWO DIFFERENT ones for Itchy & Scratchy!
The last time I checked, there were about a DOZEN for Star Trek,
each (probably - I haven't checked them all out) with its own
flavor.

Most of the folks here want their MAXIMUM KATE NEWS.  Nothing wrong
with that.  If someone started Alt.Kate.Dental.Hygiene ("What brand
toothpaste does she use?  What technique does she use to floss?"),
it would probably prove to be rather popular amongst us KateFans.

So, if you want to read Warm Room, read Warm Room!  Nobody is
stopping you (save for the moderator, but that's an entirely
different kettle of fish).  If you don't, don't!  No one if forcing
you to!

(Disclaimer:  I know in the past I have said "I don't like the idea
behind "Warm Room".  This still stands.  But I never said "Don't
subscribe to Warm Room."  That would go against my anti-censorship
stance.)

Next week we answer the burning question:  Is Kate a Bubblehead?
(We promise to get to it this time!)

-Stev0, the Great Satan of Gaffa

"Freedom of Choice is what you've got.
 Freedom from Choice is what you want."
          - Dev0

--
Steve Berlin (Stev0)   |  Happy Yak-shaving day!
Stev0@sti.com          |