Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Names without frontiers

From: jessica@athos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1992 10:34:36 -0800
Subject: Re: Names without frontiers
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hmm. I've given over a full day's worth of thought to it,
and I'm pretty certain that the *only* artist I consistently
refer to by first name is Kate. Even all other female artists
I like and talk about, I almost always use the full name,
even sinead o'connor, and sarah mclachlan, and shawn colvin, and
jane siberry and ha, i foudn one, "enya" because that's what
she goes by :)

But seriously, I refer to all artists, male or female, by full name,
except kate.I tihnk it's because Kate is my absolute favorite artist
and if i I say Kate, people know what i'm tlkaing about. (I also don't
personally know many kate's so there's little confusion, and you can
generally tell by the context). Talking about her here on gaffa for so
long also encourages it - there's no point in us saying "kate bush",
we know who we're talking about.

			  jessica
--
|| jessica  || It is this that || Don't try to tell me there's no reason for ||
|| lawrence ||    brings us    || any moment in time, every memory of mine.  ||