Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

silliness, new mailing list, flaming ...

From: caen!bsbbs!cynthia@harvard.harvard.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1992 06:34:18 -0800
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

henrik@atria.com (Larry DeLuca) writes:

> The arguments of censorship and free speech to defend what essentially
> amounts to inexcusably rude behavior has been aired over and over in
> this forum and others.  People seem to be more rude to each other
> electronically.  There are a number of reasons I can think of to
> explain why this is, but NONE of them justify it.  Rudeness is
> rudeness, pure and simple.  I'm certainly rude on occasion myself, as
> everyone is.  However, I try not to wear it like a badge, and also to
> be sure that anything I might say in print to someone I would be
> willing to say in person - too often I meet up with a netter in a
> different context to do otherwise.

That's "inexcusably rude behavior" according to... you.  What
you may consider rude someone else may consider blunt, and
vice versa.  I don't tyhink anybody here, in reality, wears
"rudeness" as a "badge".  Some are more feisty than others,
and some people are reactionary.

I have yet to say anything in print in this forum that I would
not say to the person's face if the conversation were
inperson.  That is a good barometer, and I use it myself.

> I think love-hounds is on the same sort of downward spiral - the very fact
> that I am sending this note validates my claim to some extent, as there is
> always some idiot out there who thinks that they have been around the net
> long enough to observe these sorts of trends.  This time, it's me.

Yeah, right, the fall of the Roman Empire.

----
Cynthia Rosas <cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP> <{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia>
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)

"I can bitch, I can bitch, cause I'm better than you!"