Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Unaware I'm tearing you asunder

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1992 06:16:23 -0800
Subject: Unaware I'm tearing you asunder
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sti.com

These are just a few rhetorical questions.  It's been said that about
50 or so folks signed up for "Alt,Kate.Sweetness-and-Light", er,
I mean "Warm Room".  My question:  I wonder how many people signed
up because

1)  They want to get the Maximum Kate News
2)  Mailing lists are faster (albiet not quite as reliable as
    newsgroups)
3)  Because they actually agree with the mailing list creator's
    policy
4)  Just out of curiosity

Personal guess - 1) 80% (Hell, I'ld sign up myself, except I don't
meet the moderator's "agree with me or die" standards)
2) 30% (including some of the above)
3) 20% tops.  An I wonder how many who fall in this catagory have
   stopped reading Gaffa? (my guess - maybe a falf dozen, tops, if
   that)
4) 50% (including several who fall in 1 & 2 - again, I would probably
   sign up for it, but I *enjoy* hearing opposing viewpoints.  It's
   a litle hobby of mine.  It's called thinking.  Y'know, that's
   why I like Kate in the first place - her music makes you THINK!)

-Stev0 the ever-curious

P.S. You old-timers out there (God, that sounds degrading, but it's
not meant to be), I know Lovehounds started as a mailing list, and
(like all good newsgroups) have had it's share of flame wars - have
any of the past flame wars ever resulted in a split like this?  Also,
not to re-kindle anything, but what were some of the worst flamewars
about (again, I ask only out of curiosity)

One day I promise to proof-read my messages, and maybe even invest in
a dictionary.
--
Steve Berlin (Stev0)   |  "Up yours, Ugly!"
Stev0@sti.com          |                   -Kate Bush