Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Graham's address, other stuff

From: lander01@gumedlib.georgetown.edu (lisa_anderson)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1992 05:58:10 -0800
Subject: Graham's address, other stuff
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu (love-hounds)

pardon moi for posting to the whole list, but...

Jorn is still trying to figure out a workable address, hang on.  And for
other folks who were waiting for admission to the warmroom, tomorrow, the
list organizer promises.

I wanted to say a few things in response to the creation of the warmroom list
 and the resulting brouhaha.
     First of all, I get love-hounds in digest form.  It's always long, and
there are often posts that are long and don't interest me.  It means that I
then end up not reading everything carefully, and occasionally just have to
flip through, give up, and delete it.  It's not as easy as "hitting an 'n'
key" for me.  I don't have that option.
     When lists are big, and because of its association with r.m.g. love-
hounds has no alternative BUT to be big, there develop a few dominant
personalities and some lesser ones, and there is always the possibility that
arguments will happen.  Even ones like the ones here recently.  Occasionally,
 this will lead to a splitting-off.  Like any separation, it isn't easy, neat,
 or clean.  I can tell everyone who is really upset to just ignore it, and
get over it; if you don't want to be on, don't bother, if you want to, go
ahead, if you want to be on BOTH lists nothing is stopping you.  If you can't
 just live and let live, it will crop up again and again, driving wedges
between people even further, opening old wounds, etc.
     I'm staying with both lists.  I've come across some really good
discussion and information on love-hounds, and I will try to weather the
storm.  I like to be one of a few, a real person with personality the way I
can be on warmroom (most people on l-h don't know who I am, because I don't
post much...).
     So try not to think of this as an "us" and "them" situation.  I know
it's hard, but think of the positive aspects of the split.  People will stay
where they feel comfortable, where they want to be.

ObKate:  I finally found the Japanese box last Saturday; and I did it, I
bought it.  I love it. :-) :-) :-)
--
\                                       \ Now I think sexuality has a    /
 \lisa (lander01@gumedlib.georgetown.edu)\spectrum like the color       /