Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cheesecake

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1992 01:18:50 -0800
Subject: Re: Cheesecake
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

ANGELINE@MARY.FORDHAM.EDU sez:
>Ummm, you know, that posting about the bootlegs bought in Boston reminded
>me of when I was there about three years ago and I saw a Kate album, I forget
>the title, it was a double album, I think, and on the back were two nude
>photos of Kate (well, one nude and one topless in front of a mirror).

that's not KaTe, but rather kate smith (i think that is what her name was).
some bootleggers thought it would be funny and lifted the nudes from pent-
house. dunno if they ever got caught - but they sure did start lots of rum-
ors.

>	(for the record, what's the story of the double album Passing through
>Air, which is mostly b-sides and alternative versions? It's a great collection,
>though the sound isn't always excellent...)

a double lp pressed from the various vinyl singles. as you say, not partic-
ularly spectacular in sound quality. but until the boxset was released, this
was one of the best ways to get many of the b-sides and such which were
otherwise even harder to track down. heh - considering the cost of the box
set, this may still be a more feasible way to get some of those songs (un-
less you have a friend with the set who doesn't mind a little dubbing here
and there).

woj