Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Book, New Interviews!!!!

From: rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1992 19:06:38 -0800
Subject: New Book, New Interviews!!!!
To: Love-Hounds@wiretap.Spies.COM

        WOW!  I just got a package from Tom Richards of C-Side which
includes the new book "The Illustrated Collector's Guide to Kate Bush" and
two new 1978 interviews.
        The book itself is, to me, absolutely indespensible, perhaps the
most "fun" of all the books.  I don't collect rare records or anything, but
found it very interesting to actually see all of them.  This book has
entries and photographs for the Albums, CDs, CD singles and EPs, Vinyl
Singles, Cassette Singles, Mini-Lps and 12" singles, Promotional Items,
Interview Discs, Bootlegs, Videos, a list of Television appearances (not
nearly as good as THE GARDEN'S and unlike the other entries, no pictures),
Guest appearances, Books, Fanzines, and the tour programmes.  Remember all
of these entries have B and W pictures, which is nice if, like me, you have
much of this stuff, but in copies without the pics.  Highly recommended.

        More important, the two interviews I got are really incredible, both
from 1978, the hardest time to get Kate interviews from.  These are both,
needless to say, extremely rare and highly recommended reading.  The Trouser
Press interview contains the most detailed talk Kate has ever done about the
early demos, the Lionheart Promo interview contains much "new" insight on
that album, maybe the best interview of all on it.  Thanks again to Tom for
providing me with these.

--
 rhill@netlink.cts.com (Ron Hill)
NetLink Online Communications * Public Access in San Diego, CA (619) 435-6181