Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Danielle Dax in Japan (was Re: Moving, Vaseline, Kashka, fine art, etc)

From: shaun@iris.mincom.oz.au (Man in Polyester Suit)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1992 20:36:54 -0800
Subject: Danielle Dax in Japan (was Re: Moving, Vaseline, Kashka, fine art, etc)
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in To: address found on wiretap.Spies.COM:To: rec-music-gaffa@munnari.oz.au@munnari.OZ.AU ^-missing end of address
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9201242035.AA10961@twitch.media.mit.edu> Doug Alan <nessus@mit.edu> writes:
 >> From:	larry@csccat.cs.com (Larry Spence)
 >
 >>> [|>oug on Danielle Dax:] These two records are combined on one
 >>> Japanese import CD called *Up Amongst The Golder Spires*.
 >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 >> Pardon me while I wipe the drool off my chin... would you please give a
 >> label name and catalog # if you know them?  I had always thought that
 >> this stuff was out of print on LP and unavailable on CD.  Are any tracks
 >> omitted?  How much (gulp) did it cost?
 >
 >First off, I should make a slight correction.  "Golder" up there
 >should be replaced with "Golden" -- *Up Amongst The Golden Spires*.
 >Sorry for the typo.  I don't have the CD here -- I'll have to remember
 >to write down info on it when I go home.  Remind me if I forget.  I

Whilst on the subject, I heard of a Japanese-only Dax recording (LP or
CD I don't know - back in '87 or '88) called "The Chemical Wedding".
I _think_ that at the time it was the only place to get some new song
called "Cat-House" (could be wrong though!).  Was my information off,
and it was actually referring to "...Golden Spires" in a pre-release
(or whatever) title, or has anybody heard of an object like this.

Oh, and did the UATGS have a Holly Warburton cover (a good enough reason
to seek out those old 12" singles on their own)?

ObKT: I waited and waited for the Rocket Man single, and in the first
week of January I finally found a (read: ONE) copy in one of the two import
records stores in town, and promptly forked out $17 for it.  I wasn't too
impressed when one week later, UK copies were available in the normal
record stores for $5.  Makes you want to eat your own intestines, doesn't
it?  If only I felt it had been worth it...

Shaun

--
    -----   "The Devil has designed my death, and he's waiting to be sure
    \ = /    That plenty of his black sheep die before he finds a cure