Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

LoRR, bitching, etc.

From: judi@coyote.datalog.com (Judi McKernan)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1992 17:36:00 -0800
Subject: LoRR, bitching, etc.
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

   I'M BACK! Having moved into our new house a week ago, I'm finally getting
around to catching up on gaffa. Sorely missed it, that's for sure.

  Boy, it's funny how people's opinions differ. Meredith sez "Lord of the
Reedy River" has always left her cold. For me, it's always had the opposite
effect. It sends shivers and chills up and down my spine, and has become one
of my favorite KaTe songs. I especially love it for it's simplicity of
arrangements and the sheer beauty of Her voice. Anybody else wanna put up
their two cents worth?

   Also- here it is, IMHO of course. I'm sick of all the incessant bitching
going on. Flaming is one thing, and at times I really enjoy it. But lately,
it's been nothing but a bunch of juvenile, immature, petty, inane, childish,
ignorant, un-thought-out and whiny BULLSHIT. I, for one, wish we could get
back to discussing Kate and related artists/issues rather than having to listen
to a few snot-nosed brats go overboard at taking their tattling and name-callingto excessive and EXTREMELY BORING lengths in this digest. GROW UP, PEOPLE!

  (Above opinion is purely my own- flame all you want.)

                                  As ever,

                                        judi